|Application deadline: 5 May 2019
Type of contract: Internship
Languages required: English
Internship start date: 17 June 2019
Duration of initial contract: at least 3 months
Contribution to living expenses: 690 €/month
To apply: application form
The OECD Trento Centre
The OECD Trento Centre for Local Development is part of the Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE) of the OECD. The mission of the Trento Centre is to build capacities for local development in OECD member and non-member countries. The Trento Centre’s work is structured around two dimensions: i) providing capacity building for people, places and institutions on issues related to local development; ii) developing a policy lab on issues related to spatial productivity (Spatial Productivity Lab).
We are a small team, so interns have the opportunity to be actively involved in a wide-range of activities. Interns usually work on a specific project, however they also assist in wider Trento Centre activities, such as conference and seminar preparation.
In this framework, the candidates will:
- Contribute to the analytical work of the OECD Trento Centre on regional and local economic development, spatial productivity, employment, skills, culture-led development and other issues. More specifically, selected candidate will be expected to perform data collection, preparation/cleaning and analysis (including working with big data) and to draft background notes, literature reviews and (parts of) research paper(s).
- Provide support in project management and implementation.
- Assist in the organisation of events.
Area for this call
REF. SPATIAL PRODUCTIVITY LAB
The selected candidate will:
- Contribute to the research activities of the Spatial Productivity Lab (SPL) at the OECD Trento Centre. The work of the SPL focuses on mechanisms that support the catching up of regions and cities lagging behind the (national or global) productivity frontier. It assesses to what extent national productivity can be raised through national, regional and local policy measures. The project has a strong empirical focus and the intern will support a team tasked with identifying relevant data sources, the collection of data and the creation of novel indicators to capture and analyse regional differences in potential drivers of productivity.
- Support the organisation of the events organised by the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development and by the Spatial Productivity Lab. This will include related substantive, organisational and logistical tasks. The ideal candidate to work at the SPL is a Ph.D. student with a strong quantitative background. Experience in working with enterprise micro data, patent datasets, big (e.g. web-scrapped) data, migration flows data and input-output tables would be an asset. Analytical thinking and teamwork competencies are particularly relevant for this position.
We are looking for
- Bright, talented people, who have experience (through study, work, etc.) in the areas in which we work.
- People who can commit to spending at least three months at the Trento Centre .
- Only people who are students (preferably Ph.D. and postgraduate) throughout the entire period of the internship can be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates with solid quantitative background (econometrics or data science), analytical skills and knowledge of economics, economic geography or other related fields.
Language and additional information
The language used at the Trento Centre is English.
Interns at the OECD do not receive a salary. However, the OECD grants a contribution to living expenses of 690 euros per full month worked. The successful applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel to Trento.
Please note that only in exceptional circumstances can applicants from non-OECD member countries (outside of our target countries in Central, East and South-East Europe) be considered.
To apply, please fill in this online application form (it is also required to upload your CV in DOC, DOCX or PDF format).
The deadline for receipt of applications is Sunday, 5th May 2019 at 23.59 CET (Italian time).
It is anticipated that interns selected will commence in mid-June 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Also AvailableEgalement disponible(s)