The Skills beyond School commentary on Northern Ireland was published on 21 January 2014 and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School commentary on Romania was published on 8 January 2014 and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School commentary on Scotland was published on 20 December 2013 and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School commentary on Flanders was published on 19 December 2013 and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School commentary on Sweden was published on 15 November 2013 and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School review of England was published on 23 September 2013 and is available on the country studies page. It was presented at the first National Conference on Vocational Education and Training (VET) that took place during The Skills Show on 14 November in Birmingham, UK. See more at: http://www.theskillsshow.com/whats-on/conference/
Educationtoday blog post interview with David Hoey, CEO of WorldSkills: Competitions: the secret to developing and measuring skills?
The Skills beyond School review of the United States was released on 10 July 2013 at a launch event at the New America Foundation in Washington D.C. and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School review of Germany was published on 5 July 2013 in both English and German and is available on the country studies page.
The Skills beyond School review of Austria was published on 3 July 2013 and is available on the country studies page.
VET events with OECD participation
- 14 November - A Skills beyond School Review of England will be presented at the first National Conference on Vocational Education and Training (VET) which will take place during The Skills Show on 14 November in Birmingham, UK.
- 4-5 July - The international conference "Skilling the Future - VET and Workplace Learning for Economic Success" co-organised by OECD and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) took place in Leipzig, Germany, during the WorldSkills Leipzig 2013 event.
- 1-2 March - International meeting "Achille's heel. The fatal weaknesses of education in Italy", organised by Associazione Docenti Italiani (ADI), Bologna, Italy.
- 29-30 April - Experts Meeting co-sponsored by the Ministry of Education and Labor Markets and the Social Security Unit of the Inter-American Development Bank, "Effectively Linking Secondary Education Policies to Employment: Perspectives for Mexico from International Experience", Mexico City, Mexico.
- 13-16 May –3rd International Congress on Technical and Vocational Education and Training, “Building Skills for Work and Life”, Shanghai, China.
- 24-25 April – Conference organised by the Ministry of Children and Education“VET-Business Co-operation Promoting New Skills, Innovation and Growth for the Future”, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 6 February - Meeting organised by the European Economic and Social Committee “From School to Work”, Roskilde, Denmark.
- 14 November, Meeting of the European Commission Advisory Committee on Vocational Education and Training, Brussels, Belgium.
- 3 November, Global Human Resources Forum 2011 “Smart Education: Reinventing the Future”, Seoul, Korea.
- 25 October, EUNEC Conference “New Skills and Jobs. New Challenges for VET”, Lisbon, Portugal
- 22-23 September, Seminar “Vocational Training for Adults in Israel”, Nof Ginosar, Israel
- 9 August, Seminar “VET and Growth in Denmark” organised by the Danish Minister of Education in Søro, Denmark.
- 29 June, “The Education and Business Summit", South Carolina, USA.
- 17-18 May, Hungarian Presidency Conference on “Increasing attractiveness and excellence of VET through quality and efficiency”, Budapest, Hungary.
- 28-29 April, “Global Approaches to Vocational Education and Training: An evidence based OECD study, “Learning for Jobs”, Turkish Ministry of National Education, Izmir, Turkey.
- 6 April, Technical School in Spain in Presence of the Strategy of Europe 2020, Ramon Areces Foundation, Madrid, Spain.
- 29 March, Arbeitgeberverband Gesamtmetall, the umbrella association of the regional employers’ associations in the German metal and electrical industry, Berlin, Germany.
- 23-25 March, East Asia conference ‘Skills Development for Productivity’, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 11 March, International Conference on the Process Mapping Levels of Qualifications in the Czech Republic to EQF Levels, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 7 February, Flanders Learning for Jobs Conference, Brussels, Belgium
- 14 January, Schweizer Gewerbeverband umbrella organization of Swiss SMEs’ yearly ‘winter conference’, Klosters, Switzerland.
- 29 September - 1 October, G.E.A.T. Conference ‘The Future of VET in a Changing World’, Cologne, Germany.
- 28 September 2010, International VET conference co-organised by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) and the OECD, Leipzig, Germany.
- 27 September 2010, OECD 5th Meeting of the Group of National Experts on Vocational Education and Training, hosted by BMBF.
- 16-17 September, Herbsttagung, Round Table of Swiss VET Practitioners, Bern, Switzerland.
- 13-14 September, Quality in VET Research, (Qualitätssicherung in der Berufsbildungsforschung), Vienna.
- 8-9 July, Second Austrian Conference for VET Research (2. Österreichische Konferenz für Berufsbildungsforschung), organised by BMUKK, Steyr, Austria.
- 27 June - 1 July, "The Education and Business Summit", South Carolina, USA.
- 11 May, National Annual Conference on VET (Mai Tagung), organised by the Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology (OPET), Bern, Switzerland.
- 12 April, “Final Dissemination Conference of the Czech VET Review: Learning for Jobs”, organised by the Czech National Institution of Technical and Vocational Education (NUOV), Prague/Czech Republic.
12-13 November, Conference on “The role of vocational education and training (VET) in meeting the challenges of today and tomorrow”, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 9-10 November, “International Conference on Secondary Education in Latin-America”, organised by the Ministry of Education of Mexico, in cooperation with the Inter-American Development Bank, the World Bank and the Organization of Ibero-American States, Mexico City/Mexico
- 20 October, Nordic Seminar on VET, Oslo/Norway
- 12-13 October, Meeting of the Directors General for VET of EU member countries, Västerås/Sweden
- 9-10 September, Swiss Federal Institute for VET Annual Meeting, Lugano/Switzerland
- 31 August, International Conference on ”Competing for Skills: Vocational Education and Training in the 21st Century”, Calgary/Canada
Back to OECD Policy Reviews of Vocational Education and Training (VET)