In recent years, the financial sector has been extensively debated at OECD Competition meetings, thereby bringing together a variety of influential actors such as senior competition officials, market regulators, academics and representatives of the business community.
Such debates have been held through a number of roundtable discussions focusing on a wide range of topics. This publication presents the key findings from these discussions into a cohesive narrative. It also includes the executive summaries of each relevant roundtable discussion.
The full set of materials from each roundtable, including background papers, national contributions and detailed summaries of the discussions, are available for download at www.oecd.org/competition/roundtables.
Table of contents
- Exit Strategies
- Competition, Concentration and Stability in the Banking Sector
- The Failing Firm Defence
- Competition and Financial Markets
- Competition and Regulation in Retail Banking
- Mergers in Financial Services
- Enhancing the Role of Competition in the Regulation of Banks
How to obtain this report