Last update: 10 June 2013
This data has been collected from the Parties to the Anti-Bribery Convention Decisions on Foreign Bribery Cases from 1999 to December 2012:
2012 Comparative Table of Enforcement Data
2011 Comparative Table of Enforcement Data
2010 Comparative Table of Enforcement Data
This data is published each June as a complement to the Annual Report of the OECD Working Group on Bribery.
About the enforcement data
The enforcement data, published for the first time in June 2010 and updated regularly by the Working Group on Bribery, includes the number of criminal, administrative and civil cases of foreign bribery that have resulted in a final disposition, such as a criminal conviction or acquittal, or similar findings under an administrative or civil procedure.
Highlights from the enforcement data collected as of December 2012 include:
- 221 individuals and 90 entities have been sanctioned under criminal proceedings for foreign bribery in 14 States Parties between the time the convention entered into force in 1999 and the end of 2012.
- At least 83 of the sanctioned individuals were sentenced to prison for foreign bribery.
- At least 85 individuals and 120 entities have been sanctioned in criminal, administrative and civil cases for other offences related to foreign bribery, such as money-laundering or accounting in four States Parties.
- Approximately 320 investigations are ongoing in 24 States Parties to the Anti-Bribery Convention.
- Prosecutions are ongoing against 148 individuals and 18 entities in 15 Parties for offences under the Convention.