31 October- 1 November 2011, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Words to Action: The Next Regional Corporate
The Middle East and North Africa region has experienced a transformation in recent months. Has corporate governance been a part of this change? The 6th Annual Corporate Governance Conference sought to answer this question. As in previous years, this conference evaluated the progress made in developing corporate governance frameworks and practices in the Middle East and North Africa and established a regional consensus about how to move forward.
The conference, co-organised by the OECD and the Hawkamah Institute of Corporate Governance attracted participants from the private and public sectors with an interest in corporate governance. This event was opened by H.E. Eng. Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori, Minister of Economy of the UAE and featured a range of recognised corporate governance leaders including Dr. Nasser Saidi, Chief Economist, Dubai International Financial Centre; Ms. Barbara Ridpath, CEO, International Centre for Financial Regulation and Mr. Phil Armstrong, Head, Global Corporate Governance Forum.
Topics addressed during this event included:
- effective supervision of capital markets
- the role of institutional investors in corporate governance
- risk identification and management
- governance of state-owned enterprises
- establishing incentives for better corporate governance
- the role of Arab Spring in Corporate Governance
- the final conference statement outlined future areas of works
Any inquiries should be addressed to Ms. Alissa Amico at firstname.lastname@example.org