A side event at the UNFCCC 18th Conference of the Parties, Doha, Qatar, 1st December 2012
The work of the Busan Building Block on Climate Finance and Development Effectiveness is now carried out under the Partnership for Climate Finance and Development.
This event was jointly organised by the Government of Korea, IBON, UNDP and the OECD, with financial support from the Government of Korea. During the side event, the panels brought together speakers from developing and developed countries, CSOs and inter-governmental organisations from the climate and the development communities in a dialogue on the cross-cutting issue of the development effectiveness of climate finance. The event also provided an opportunity to showcase recent work and country experiences, and to discuss common ways forward in advancing the Partnership.
Participants and presentations
- Opening remarks by Seop Shim, Vice President of Korea Eximbank
- Vice-Minister Naderev Sano, Philippines Climate Change Commission
- Tom O Okurut, Ph.D., Executive Director of Ugandan National Environment Management Authority
- Yannick Glemarec, Director for Environmental Finance, UNDP
- Closing remarks by Yannick Glemarec, Director for Environmental Finance, UNDP