HLF-4 Side Event on Green Growth
Venue: MH 202, BEXCO, Busan, South Korea, 1 December 2011
The OECD ENVIRONET is organising a side event on “Greening Growth for more Effective Development” at the 4th High-Level Forum on Development Effectiveness held in Busan.
This side-event has two objectives. First, it presents the achievements in advancing the commitments on environment - or “green” agenda since the adoption of the Paris Declaration, in particular in the area of Strategic Environmental Assessment and efforts in capacity development (which were indicated in the Paris Declaration). The second objective is to raise awareness of the emerging concept of “Green Growth” and how it would support developing countries to meet national development and poverty reduction objectives.
The roundtable discussion will be focused on how green growth (in light of the climate change negotiation taking place in Durban at the same time as Busan, as well as the Rio+20 in 2012) could play a more prominent role in supporting a more effective development agenda. Environmental policies and actions will bring more sustainable economic and development benefits and welfare improvements to developing countries.
Presentation: Instruments for greening growth – what has been achieved since Paris?
• Mr. Frode Neergaard, Vice-chair of OECD Development Assistance Committee and the Delegate of Denmark.
• A video presentation on Strategic Environmental Assessment, prepared by Canada, will be presented.
Roundtable Discussion: the way forward – green growth as a channel to sustainable development
Chair: Dr. Hyunghwan Joo, Secretary General of Korean Presidential Committee on Green Growth
• Dr. Taeyong Jung, Deputy Executive Director, Global Green Growth Institute
• Mr. Andre Laperriere, Deputy CEO, Global Environment Facility
• Mr. Cao Manh Cuong, Deputy Director General, Foreign Economic Relations Department, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Vietnam
• Mr. Ismid Hadad, Senior Advisor on Climate Finance, National Council on Climate Change, Indonesia
• Mr. Nils Boesen, Director, Capacity Development Group, Bureau for Development Policy, UNDP
• Mr. Rae Kwon Chung, Director, Environment and Development Division, UN-ESCAP
• Mrs. Villa Kulild, Director General, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation
Green growth and development
OECD work on green growth
Durban Climate Change Conference