17-29 November 2018 Sharm El-Sheikh
The OECD actively participated in the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD COP14) through an official OECD side event and by taking part in a number of workshops, seminars and other events throughout the conference.
CBD COP 14 High-Level Segment
Thursday 15 November - 8:00-9:30, Sharm El Sheikh International Congress Center (SHICC), Sinai Room
OECD side-event at CBD COP 14
Thursday 22 November - 18:15, Event Tent, Building 2
- Are we on track? Positive incentives and finance mobilised under Aichi Target 3 and 20
- This side-event showcased existing data available on tracking economic incentives and the finance they mobilise, relevant to Aichi Target 3 and 20. Drawing on data reported to the OECD database on Policy Instruments for the Environment (PINE), which tracks information on more than 90 countries worldwide, it highlighted the data relevant to Aichi Target 3, namely biodiversity-relevant taxes, fees and charges, tradable permits and subsidies to promote biodiversity conservation and sustainable use. The side-event also highlighted other sources and trends in biodiversity finance, including biodiversity-relevant ODA and new initiatives to track domestic government budgets relevant to biodiversity as called for under the Paris Collaborative for Green Budgeting.
- Moderator: Simon Buckle, Head of Climate, Biodiversity and Water Division, OECD Environment Directorate
OECD participation at other CBD COP events
Tuesday 20 November - 13:15-14:45, UNEP-WCMC side event, Siwa- Business and Industry Organisations Room, Building 1
Wednesday 21 November - 13:15-14:45, Nordic Council of Ministers side event, the Red Sea - Grulac, Building 2
Thursday 22 November - 13:15-14:45, UN Oceans side event, Red Sea - GRULAC Room, Building 2
Brochure: Tracking Economic Instruments and Finance for Biodiversity
This brochure presents statistics on the biodiversity-relevant economic instruments and the finance they mobilise, based on currently available information in OECD PINE database. The data are relevant to monitoring progress towards Aichi Biodiversity Target 3 (on incentives), Target 20 (on resource mobilisation) as well as Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Target 15.a. on finance.
Download the brochure (PDF)
Related OECD Work
Engage with us
- To receive our Environment news, publications and events, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters).
- Stay tuned on Twitter: @OECD_ENV