10, 11, 12 July 2018 Montreal, Canada (ICAO conference building)
The OECD Global Forum on the Environment: Mainstreaming Biodiversity for Sustainable Development was organised as a series of three side-events, in collaboration with the European Commission, Mexico, Egypt, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity. It took place within the margins of the second meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD SBI-2).
Policy-makers, negotiators and experts shared experiences and insights on biodiversity mainstreaming at the national level and across key sectors and discussed lessons learned and next steps. The Forum provided a platform to share good practice insights from national governments and international organisations, among others
Part 1 - Tuesday 10 July 2018, 13:15, Room 3 - Mainstreaming biodiversity at the national level
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity at the National Level, Katia Karousakis, Biodiversity Team Leader, OECD Environment Directorate
- Tools and Approaches for Mainstreaming Biodiversity in the EU, Laure Ledoux, Deputy Head Biodiversity, European Commission
- Roxanna Solis, NBSAP Coordinator, Ministry of Enviornment in Peru (no presentation)
- The Biodiversity Finance Initiative -BIOFIN, Onno van den Huevel, Manager, UNDP BIOFIN
- Markus Lehmann, Senior Programme Management Officer, CBD Secretariat ( no presentation)
Part 2 - Wednesday 11 July 2018, 13:15, Room D - Mainstreaming biodiversity in the agriculture, forestry, fisheries and tourism sector
- Mexico, Hesiquio Benitez, General Director of International Cooperation and Implementation, CONABIO
- Uganda, Aggrey Rwetsiba, Senior Manager for Ecological Monitoring and Research, Uganda Wildlife Authority
- OECD, Katia Karousakis, Biodiversity Team Leader, Environment Directorate
- FAO, Dan Leskien, Senior Liaison Officer, CGRFA
Moderated by Simon Buckle, Head of Climate, Biodiversity and Water Division, OECD Environment Directorate.
Part 3 - Thursday 12 July 2018, 18:15, Room A - Mainstreaming biodiversity in the energy, mining, infrastructure and manufacturing sectors
- Egypt, Moustafa Fouda, Minister Advisor for Biodiversity. Insights from the Cairo workshop and domestic mainstreaming efforts.
- Mexico, Jimena Marván Santín, Head of Planning, Strategic Stakeholder Engagement and Process. Security, Energy and Environment Agency (ASEA), Mainstreaming biodiversity in the oil and gas sectors.
- Germany, Matthias Krause, Deputy Head of Environment Division, Mainstreaming Biodiversity into Infrastructure & Manufacturing Sectors: Germany’s development cooperation perspective.
- OECD, Nicolina Lamhauge, Development Co-operation Directorate, Insights from mainstreaming biodiversity and development co-operation
Moderated by Katia Karousakis, Biodiversity Team Leader, OECD Environment Directorate.
Just Published: OECD report on Mainstreaming Biodiversity for Sustainable Development
Related OECD Work
For more information, please contact:
Engage with us
- To receive our Environment news, publications and events, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters).
- Stay tuned on Twitter: @OECD_ENV