The OECD will be actively participating in the UN Climate Action Summit on the theme "A Race We Can Win. A Race We Must Win" through an official high-level side event and by taking part in a number of workshops, seminars and other events throughout the summit, and NYC Climate Week, 23-29 September 2019.
Spotlight: Main OECD High-Level Events
- Monday 23 September - Placing Well-being at the Heart of Climate Policy
(15:30-17:00 | UN Headquarters, General Assembly Building, Conference Room 7)
This high-level event is being organised in collaboration with the Permanent Missions of the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Latvia, and the Office of the Special Representative of the OECD to the United Nations. Highlights from OECD analysis and the forthcoming report Accelerating Climate Action: Refocusing Policies Through a Well-Being Lens will set the scene.
Please note participation requires accreditation and final registration will be confirmed by the organizers prior to the event.
- Read more
- Tuesday 24 September - High-Level Roundtable on Aligning Development Co-operation with the Objectives of the Paris Agreement, 15:30-17:00
This high-level roundtable will bring together global leaders on development and climate change to discuss the challenges and priorities for aligning development co-operation activities with the Paris Agreement’s objectives. It will centre on the key messages of the forthcoming OECD report on the topic.
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General
- Jorge Moreira da Silva, Director, OECD Development Co-operation Directorate
- Susanna Moorehead, Chair, OECD Development Assistance Committee
Other OECD speaking events
Sunday 22 September
Monday 23 September