ELSJFY2010 › Mr. Ömer Dinçer, Minister of Labour and Social Security, Turkey
Mr. Ömer Dinçer, Minister of Labour and Social Security, Turkey
Mr Ömer Dinçer
Minister of Labour and Social Security, Turkey
- 1974-75 Faculty of Management of Erzurum Atatürk University
- 1978 Graduated from the Department of “Business Administration and Policy”
- 1980 Master’s Degree in “Personnel Management and Industrial Relations” in 1984 PhD in “Organizational Behavior” from the Faculty of Management of İstanbul University.
- 1980 Research Assistant at the Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences of Marmara University. After completing his PhD, he was appointed as Assistant Professor. He became Associate Professor in 1985 and Professor in 1994 in Management and Organization Studies at the same Faculty.
- 1993 Visiting Researcher at Drexel University in the USA.
- 1992 to 1995 Deputy Director at the Institute of Middle Eastern Countries
- 1995 to 1999 Director of Local Governments and Administration Programs providing courses at the level of Associate’s Degree, MA and PhD at the same University.
- 1994 to 1997 Advisor to the İstanbul Greater Municipality on the companies belonging to the Municipality. He was coordinator for the İstanbul Greater Municipality at “The United Nations Habitat II Conference”.
- 1999-2003 Vice-Rector, Dean of the Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences and Director of Institute of Social Sciences at Beykent University.
- He gave seminars on “Strategic Management and Business Policy”, “Business Management”, “Management and Organization”, “Organizational Theory and Behavior” and “Change Management and Organizational Development” at the various departments and social sciences institutes of the universities where he worked.
- He is the author of five books and numerous researches and articles on these subjects.
- 2003 appointed as Chief Advisor to the Prime Minister in charge of coordination of the work on “Restructuring in Public Administration”.
- 2003 to 2007 Undersecretary of the Prime Ministry.
- Mr. DİNÇER, elected as the Deputy of İstanbul for the 23rd term of Turkish Grand National Assembly in the elections held on 22 July 2007, has been appointed as the Minister of Labour and Social Security at the 60th Government.