OECD peer reviews are the systematic examination and assessment of the performance by a State by other States. Human Resource Management Reviews, a type of peer review, provide a detailed diagnosis of the management of government employees and solutions for improving it. They also offer assessments and recommendations based on the lessons learned from the experience of OECD member countries.
Human Resource Management Reviews assess issues such as:
- How governments manage the size, skills, and competencies of its workforce;
- Whether governments’ Human Resource Management systems are strategic and performance oriented;
- How governments balance flexibility and consistency of Human Resource Management practices;
- Whether the values promoted by the government are consistent with management rules and practices;
- How to increase staff productivity and efficiency;
- How to enhance good governance in Human Resource Management systems.
OECD Human Resource Management Reviews