Download the complete list of variables: in English and in French.
The database includes key indicators covering:
- Health status (such as life expectancy, maternal and infant mortality)
- Non-medical determinants of health (such as food consumption, alcohol and tobacco consumption, obesity and overweight (survey and measured data)
- Health care resources and utilisation (such as health employment, in-patient beds, medical technology, immunisation, average length of stay, discharges, surgical procedures, and transplants)
- Pharmaceutical consumption and sales, and generics market
- Long-term care resources and utilisation (such as long-term care beds in nursing homes, long-term care recipients either in institutions or at home, by age and gender)
- Health expenditure include data for total expenditure on health, prevention and public health, expenditure on in-patient care, expenditure on out-patient care, expenditure on home care, pharmaceuticals and other medical non-durables, therapeutic appliances and other medical durables, current health expenditure by provider, along with data on health expenditure by financing agent/scheme.
- General data on Demographic and economic references are also available for reference, including population age structure, macro-economic references and monetary conversion rates.
More about OECD Health Data 2013
Health spending continues to stagnate, says OECD