Bookmark this page - www.oecd.org/edu/eag2010
New material | Data | How to obtain this publication
Additional material | News releases
Multilingual summaries | Previous editions | Websites
Education at a Glance 2010: OECD Indicators
Across OECD countries, governments are seeking policies to make education more effective while searching for additional resources to meet the increasing demand for education.
The 2010 edition of Education at a Glance: OECD Indicators enables countries to see themselves in the light of other countries’ performance. It provides a rich, comparable and up-to-date array of indicators on systems and represents the consensus of professional thinking on how to measure the current state of education internationally.
The indicators show who participates in education, how much is spent on it and how education systems operate. They also illustrate a wide range of educational outcomes, comparing, for example, student performance in key subject areas and the impact of education on earnings and on adults’ chances of employment.
The Excel™ spreadsheets used to create the tables and charts in this book are available via the StatLinks printed in this book.
New material in this edition includes:
- indicators on school choice and the parent voice in education;
- an indicator on the long-term economic impact of improved learning outcomes;
- an indicator benchmarking labour costs by educational levels across OECD countries;
- a review of trends in educational attainment;
- an update on the human and financial resources invested in education;
- an indicator comparing salaries of teachers to earnings of workers with tertiary education;
- a review of adult participation in education and training.
Chapter A: The Output of Educational Institutions and the Impact of Learning
Chapter B: Financial and Human Resources Invested in Education
Chapter C: Access to Education, Participation and Progression
Chapter D: The Learning Environment and Organisation of Schools
This interactive tool allows you to generate printable reports (including tables and graphs), comparing the core education indicators of a given country with those of another.
How to obtain this publication
Readers can access the full version of Education at a Glance 2010: OECD Indicators choosing from the following options:
Education: Governments should expand tertiary studies to boost jobs and tax revenues
Investing in the Future
- 07/09/2010 - Governments need to go for world-class quality in their education systems to ensure long-term economic growth, according to the latest edition of the OECD’s annual Education at a Glance.
- Remarks by Angel Gurría, OECD Secretary-General, for the launch of Education at a Glance 2010
Previous editions of Education at a Glance: OECD Indicators
Panorama de la educación 2010: Indicadores de la OCDE
Education at a Glance 2009: OECD Indicators
Education at a Glance 2008: OECD Indicators
Education at a Glance 2007 - Home
Education at a Glance 2006 - Home
Education at a Glance 2005 - Home
Education at a Glance 2004 - Home