Country reports from the Learning for Jobs and Skills beyond School reviews
Skills beyond School Synthesis Report
Learning for Jobs. OECD Reviews of Vocational Education and Training
- Simon Field gave a keynote address to the Meeting of European Ministers of Vocational Education and Training under the Latvian presidency, focusing on challenges to Europe from emerging economies, work-based learning and the need for innovation in VET systems, on 22 June 2015. (His presentation begins 50 minutes into the video.)
- Simon Field, Project Leader, OECD Reviews of Vocational Education and Training and Adult Learning, was part of a panel of discussants at the New America Foundation event “The Great Skills Race: Innovations in U.S. Education and Training from a Global Perspective" on 21 May 2015 in Washington D.C. A video of the event can be viewed via this link.
- Presentation of the OECD publication Skills Beyond School: Synthesis Report at the Biblioteca Nacional de España, Madrid on 9 April 2015. Presentations by Simon Field (Senior Analyst, OECD) and Monserrat Gomendio Kindelan (The State Secretary for Education, Vocational Training and Universities, Spain). The event can be viewed here.
- Simon Field, Project Leader of the OECD reviews of VET, being interviewed about quality in VET.
- The Skills beyond School review of the United States was released on 10 July 2013 at a launch event at the New America Foundation in Washington D.C
- Educationtoday blog post from Simon Field, Senior Analyst, Directorate for Education and Skills, OECD: Under the radar? Professional education and training.
- Educationtoday blog post from Ken Manson, Co-ordinator (Communications), UK Commission for Employment and Skills: Lessons for the UK.
- Educationtoday blog post from Andreas Schleicher, Director for Education and Skills, OECD: Education Policy Outlook: Vocational Pathways in Denmark, France, Germany and Spain.
- Educationtoday blog post from Anthony Mann, Director of Policy and Research, Education and Employers Taskforce, UK: Understanding Employer Engagement in Education.
- Educationtoday blog post interview with David Hoey, CEO of WorldSkills: Competitions: the secret to developing and measuring skills?
- Educationtoday blog post from Barbara Ischinger, previous Director for Education and Skills, OECD: A skilful approach to employment.
OECD Secretariat papers
Papers prepared by other experts