Skills beyond School Synthesis Report
Learning for Jobs. OECD Reviews of Vocational Education and Training
Simon Field, Project Leader, OECD Reviews of Vocational Education and Training and Adult Learning, was part of a panel of discussants at the New America Foundation event “The Great Skills Race: Innovations in U.S. Education and Training from a Global Perspective" on 21 May 2015 in Washington D.C. A video of the event can be viewed via this link.
- Presentation of the OECD publication Skills Beyond School: Synthesis Report at the Biblioteca Nacional de España, Madrid on 9 April 2015. Presentations by Simon Field (Senior Analyst, OECD) and Monserrat Gomendio Kindelan (The State Secretary for Education, Vocational Training and Universities, Spain). The event can be viewed here.
- Simon Field, Project Leader of the OECD reviews of VET, being interviewed about quality in VET.
- The Skills beyond School review of the United States was released on 10 July 2013 at a launch event at the New America Foundation in Washington D.C
- Educationtoday blog post from Simon Field, Senior Analyst, Directorate for Education and Skills, OECD: Under the radar? Professional education and training.
- Educationtoday blog post from Ken Manson, Co-ordinator (Communications), UK Commission for Employment and Skills: Lessons for the UK.
- Educationtoday blog post from Andreas Schleicher, Director for Education and Skills, OECD: Education Policy Outlook: Vocational Pathways in Denmark, France, Germany and Spain.
- Educationtoday blog post from Anthony Mann, Director of Policy and Research, Education and Employers Taskforce, UK: Understanding Employer Engagement in Education.
- Educationtoday blog post interview with David Hoey, CEO of WorldSkills: Competitions: the secret to developing and measuring skills?
- Educationtoday blog post from Barbara Ischinger, previous Director for Education and Skills, OECD: A skilful approach to employment.
OECD Secretariat papers
Papers prepared by other experts
Back to OECD Policy Reviews of Vocational Education and Training (VET)