OECD Conference - Educating for Innovative Societies
26 April 2012
Location: OECD, Conference Centre, Auditorium
2, rue André Pascal, 75016 Paris, France
Also available on
Soon available on
In the framework of its “Innovation Strategy for Education and Training” project, the OECD Centre for Educational Research and Innovation hosted a conference on Educating for Innovative Societies on 26 April 2012 in Paris, at the Auditorium of the OECD Conference Centre.
The objectives of the conference were to:
- Present the findings of the forthcoming OECD/CERI report on arts education’s role in developing skills for innovation-driven societies;
- Present and discuss evidence and policies in mathematics and science education that can lead to better skills in thinking and creativity;
- Present and discuss innovative assessment tools that raise awareness and provide formative and summative feedback on other skills than disciplinary skills.
Upload the Agenda for more information.
“Truth, Beauty, and Goodness Reframed: Educating for the Virtues of the Twenty-First Century”
Video of Howard Gardner presenting and discussing his most recent book
Promoting and Assessing Creativity and Innovation in Physics Undergraduates
Colorado School of Mines, Patrick B. Kohl, H. Vincent Kuo, Susan Kowalski, Frank Kowalski
Progression in Creativity: Developing New Forms of Assessment
Centre for Real-World Learning, University of Winchester, Bill Lucas, Guy Claxton and Ellen Spencer
"Ce sera votre musée"
Video of an example of education through design, suggested by Anne Marie Boutin (in French)
- Educating for Innovation-Driven Societies
OECD, Dirk Van Damme
- Conversation with Howard Gardner
With Howard Gardner, Bruno Della-Chiesa and Stéphan Vincent-Lancrin
- Mathematics Education in Innovation-Driven Societies
Bar-Ilan University of Ramat-Gan, Zemira Mevarech and Bracha Kramarski
- Science Education for Innovation-Driven Societies
OECD, Francesco Avvisati
- Promoting and Assessing Creativity and Innovation in Physics Undergraduates
Colorado School of Mines, Frank Kowalski
- The Impact of Arts Education: What Do We Know?
Boston College, Ellen Winner
- Progression in Creativity: Developing New Forms of Assessment
Centre for Real-World Learning, Bill Lucas, Guy Claxton and Ellen Spencer
- The PISA Assessment of Problem Solving Skills: New Developments
OECD, Michael Davidson
- OECD Review on Evaluation and Assessment Frameworks for Improving School Outcomes
OECD, Deborah Nusche