29-30 September 2010 - Nairobi, Kenya
Jointly organised by the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) and the OECD, a Consultation on Responsible Supply Chain Management of Conflict Minerals took place in Nairobi, Kenya, on 29-30 September 2010.
This meeting reviewed the OECD Draft Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chain Management of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas, a global due diligence framework for all actors throughout the mineral supply chain. The Guidance has since been Ministerial Meeting of the ICGLR and will now be put forward for adoption at the ICGLR’s Special Summit of Heads of States as part of a package of tools designed to improve transparency and accountability in the minerals sector.
In addition, the ICGLR presented its ongoing efforts for improving traceability and transparency in the African Great Lakes Region. Participants discussed how the approaches of ICGLR and OECD can complement each other.
Representatives from ICGLR, OECD and partner countries, international organisations, industry organisations, metal traders and suppliers, smelters and processors, brand end-users, industrial users of minerals, and civil society organisations attended the meeting.
• Ministerial Meeting of the ICGLR, 4 October 2010
• Key outcomes
• Draft agenda / version francaise
• Draft list of participants
• Discussion note on the implementation phase of the Guidance*
• Discussion note on an institutionised mechanism to support the Guidance*
• Implications for the supply chain of gold and other precious metals
* © OECD 2010 - These documents can be copied, downloaded or printed provided that suitable acknowledgment of OECD as source and copyright owner is given.