7-8 April 2011 - Melbourne, Australia
Organised by the ADBI, OECD and the Australian APEC Study Centre, this roundtable looked at how investment policies can contribute to the recovery from the global crisis and improve the development prospects across Asia.
It also considered how the G20 Seoul Development Consensus for Shared Growth can promote private sector involvement and innovation. Special emphasis was placed on the mining and mineral sectors, in which investment flows are rapidly recovering to pre-crisis levels and developing Asia is a major destination.
The roundtable dealt with the following issues:
- trends and outlook for international investment in Asia 2011-12
- international investment policies in the postcrisis context
- recent trends in investment to and from Asia
- the globalisation of extractive industries
- making the most of investment in extractive industries
Draft agenda (PDF)
2010 ADBI-OECD Roundtable on Asia's Policy Framework for Investment: Investing in a Stronger, Cleaner, and Fairer Asian Economy