Evaluation of development programmes
Mandate of the DAC Evaluation Network
The mandate of the DAC Network on Development Evaluation is to:
- Strengthen the exchange of information, experience and co-operation on evaluation among Network members and, as appropriate, with development evaluation partners, with a view to:
- improving the evaluation activities of individual members;
- encouraging harmonisation and standardisation of methodological and conceptual frameworks;
- facilitating co-ordination of major evaluation studies;
- encouraging development of new methods in evaluation and best practice.
- Contribute to improved development effectiveness by:
- synthesising and extracting policy, strategic and operational lessons from evaluations for consideration by the DAC and the wider development community;
- promoting joint or co-ordinated evaluations and studies undertaken by individual members.
- Provide advice and support to DAC and its subsidiary bodies, notably on peer reviews, development results and aid effectiveness.
- Promote and support evaluation capacity development in partner countries.