17-18 October 2019 Lisbon, Portugal
The Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, I.P. (Portugal), and the OECD Development Co-operation Directorate are pleased to invite you to the fifth international meeting on triangular co-operation on “Implementing BAPA +40 – What is next for Triangular Co-operation?”, to be held on 17 - 18 October 2019 in Lisbon.
This meeting, supported by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and the Ibero-American Programme for the Strengthening of South-South Co-operation (PIFCSS), will bring together a wide range of practitioners and officials from the different actors involved in triangular co-operation to discuss the follow-up from the Second High-level UN Conference on South-South Co-operation (BAPA +40) in Buenos Aires on 20-22 March 2019.
At BAPA +40 the global development community reiterated their commitment to promote triangular co-operation as a means to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
The meeting will include discussions on:
- Implementing triangular co-operation: strengthening the ecosystems,
- Bringing more partners on board for effective triangular co-operation,
- A progress report from the Global Partnership Initiative (GPI) on Effective Triangular Co-operation,
- Implementing effective triangular co-operation – sharing experiences from evaluations, toolkits and guidelines;
- What is needed to implement triangular co-operation more effectively; as well as
- A marketplace for exchange and to advance partnerships on triangular co-operation in different sectors.
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION