The report is now available!
Remark: In the morning, the OECD Development Centre and the OIF also organized a Roundtable with gender francophone Ministers. The report above covers both events.
The OECD Development Centre and the International Organisation of La Francophonie (IOF) organized a High-Level Panel on “Gender equality in the post-2015 agenda: the importance of social norms for inclusive development”.
The Panel did bring together leading political voices from around the world to discuss concrete actions and effective policies that help to advance gender equality in the post-2015 development framework. Research and data from the OECD Development Centre has highlighted the role of discriminatory social norms as drivers of gender inequalities, with negative outcomes for a range of development goals. The panel did share with the audience latest research and national experiences on how tackling the root causes of gender inequality can ensure sustainable and inclusive development.
• Lynne Featherstone, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom
• Magdalena Sepúlveda Carmona, former UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights
• Nestorine Sangare, Minister for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, Burkina Faso
• Federico Bonaglia, Acting Deputy Director, OECD Development Centre
• Annika Markovic, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Sweden to the OECD and UNESCO
• Gabriela Ramos, Chief of Staff, OECD.