The OECD Development Centre , CAF and ECLAC will launch their joint report
Latin American Economic Outlook 2017 - Youth, Skills and Entrepreneurship
at the XXV Ibero-American Summit, Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
Friday 28 October 2016, 18:00 PM
Location: Convention Centre Cartagena, Barahona Room
The Latin American Economic Outlook 2017 will launch on Friday 28th October at 18:00h at the XXV Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government, in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. This edition focuses on youth, skills and entrepreneurship for more inclusive and sustainable growth in the region. It provides in-depth analysis of Latin America’s youth participation in society as well as in productive activities by examining the role of youth in the labour market, their acquired skills and entrepreneurial activities. The report includes a macroeconomic analysis at the regional level and 11 country notes.
Since 2007, the annual report Latin American Economic Outlook has analysed issues related to economic and social development in Latin America. It is currently a joint production between the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), the development bank of Latin America ( CAF) and the Development Centre of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The report will be presented by:
- Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Enrique García, President and CEO, Development Bank of Latin America (CAF)
- Gabriela Ramos, Chief of Staff and G20 Sherpa, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
With the honourable interventions:
- Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, President of the Republic of Peru
- Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia Republic
- Rebeca Grynspan, Executive Secretary, General Secretariat (SEGIB)
This report will be embargoed until Friday October 28, 2016 18:00 PM Colombia (GMT -5). Requests for advance copies, available in English and Spanish, should be directed to Bochra.Kriout@oecd.org (Tel: + 33 145 24 82 96).
More information about the report can be found at: http://www.latameconomy.org. You are invited to include this link in Internet articles associated with the report. Follow the launch at # LEO2017.
Important: the rules of the OECD embargo prohibit any radio or television broadcast, or online publication from sharing any information from the study before the end of the embargo period. The media that have been provided embargoed OECD material are informed that if there is a breach of the OECD’s rules, they will automatically be excluded from receiving any future embargoed OECD information.
- CAF: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +57 (1) 743-7368
- ECLAC: email@example.com Tel: + (56 2) 2 210 2040
- OECD Development Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +33 145 24 82 96