The Secretary-General took part in a panel discussion at the Green Growth Forum Opening Plenary entitled “Resource Efficiency and Growth,” which will focus on key parameters of resource efficient growth, notably governance, finance, innovation and technology. He moderated the Green Growth Leaders Informal Dialogue, a closed door meeting with about 30 leaders from government, IGOs, and business, including among others, Prime Minister KIM Hwang-Sik of Korea and Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt of Denmark.
The Secretary-General also launched the policy brief of the LEED Report on Green Jobs in Greater Copenhagen with Frank Jensen, Lord Mayor of Copenhagen. Read the speech.
During his official visit, the Secretary-General met with:
- Ms. Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Prime Minister
- Ms. Margrethe Vestager, Minister of Economy and Interior
- Mr. Bjarne Corydon, Minister of Finance
- Mr. Martin Lidegaard, Minister for Climate, Energy and Building
- Ms. Pia Olsen Dyhr, Minister for Trade and Investment
- Mr. Christian Friis Bachfor, Minister of Development Cooperation
- Mr. Ulrik Vestergaard Knudsen, Chair of ECSS/GSG, Permanent Under-Secretary of State, Chief Advisor on Foreign Affairs to the Prime Minister
For further information, journalists are invited to contact the OECD Media's Division: tel: (33) 1 45 24 97 00