3-5 December 2008, OECD Conference Centre, Paris, France
The 18th OECD Global Forum on Public Debt Management and Emerging Government Securities Markets and the 3rd OECD Forum on African Public Debt Management was held back-to-back on 3-5 December 2008 at the OECD Conference Centre in Paris, France.
Topics for discussion included:
Session 1: The impact of the global financial crisis on borrowing strategies in different regions
- An assessment on the financial stability in the emerging market economies - Deutsche Bundesbank
- Overview of Asian Bond markets under stress - OECD External Consultant
- The impact of the crisis on South Africa's borrowing strategy
- The impact of the crisis on Russia's borrowing strategy
Session 2: Sovereign Asset and Liability Management
- Key findings of joint OECD-IMF- study on Sovereign Asset and Liability Management
Session 3: Joint Session - Changes in the use of short-term securities by debt managers
Logistical information for the meeting, including directions to the meeting venue, hotels close to the meeting venue, visa information, registration upon arrival, and facilities at the meeting venue can be found on the Conference Centre website:
www.oecd.org/conferencecentre / www.oecd.org/centredeconferences
This annual forum is held under the aegis of the OECD Working Party on Debt Management and the Multilateral Public Debt Management Network and is co-sponsored by the Japanese Government. It brings together debt managers from all over the world to discuss viewpoints and experiences relating to public debt management.