17 September 1998
This meeting, organised in co-operation with the Finnish Ministry of Trade and Industry, focused on the subject of "Regulation, Competition and Privatisation". Participants included high-level privatisation officials and policy makers from non-member countries, experts from international organisations (World Bank, EU Commission), senior privatisation officials and other representatives from OECD member countries.
- Evidence From Utility and Infrastructure Privatization in Chile, by Prof. Pablo Serra, Chile University, Chile
- Privatisation and Competition: The Evidence from Utility and Infrastructure Privatisation in the UK, by Stuart Holder,Senior Consultant, National Economic Research Associates
- Privatization Methods and Their Impact on Competition: the Brazilian Experience , by Stefan Bogdan Salej, Vice-President, Federation of Brazilian Industries, Brazil
- Privatizing Network Industries: The Competition Policy Perspective, by Paolo Saba, Competition and Consumer Policy Division, OECD
- Privatisation of the Public Utilities: The OECD Experience, by Stilpon Nestor, head of the Corporate Affairs unit, and Ladan Mahboobi, Consultant, OECD (Chart 1 2 3 4 )
- Regulation of Water Distribution in Argentina, by Mariana Conte Grand, CEMA University, Argentina