The financial crisis revealed serious shortcomings in corporate governance around the world. What lessons can companies and regulators learn from the crisis? And what role can they play in improving global governance standards to help rebuild trust and confidence in financial markets?
Leading Asian corporate governance experts and policy makers from governments, the private sector and international organisations will discuss these issues at the 10-year anniversary meeting of the Asian Roundtable on Corporate Governance at the Peninsula Hotel in Manila, the Philippines, on 9-10 September 2009.
Media are invited to attend the morning sessions from 09.00am to 12.30pm on 9 September.
Mr. Margarito Teves, Finance Secretary, Republic of the Philippines, and Mr. Pier Carlo Padoan, OECD Deputy Secretary General, will open the conference. Issues to be discussed will include corporate governance reforms in the Philippines and the launch of a new guide on “ Fighting Abusive Related Party Transactions in Asia.”
A press briefing will take place at 11.00 at the same venue. Speakers will include:
• Mr. Margarito Teves, Finance Secretary, Republic of the Philippines
• Dr. Sidharta Utama, Chairman of Management Board, Institute for Corporate Directorship, Indonesia
• Mr. Francisco Lim, President, Philippine Stock Exchange, Philippines
• Mr. Marcello Bianchi, Chair, OECD Steering Group on Corporate Governance
• Mr. Pier Carlo Padoan, OECD Deputy Secretary General
• Ms. Carolyn Ervin, Director of the OECD’s Financial and Enterprise Affairs Directorate
To register or for further information, journalists are invited to contact Spencer Wilson of the OECD Media Division (tél.: + 33 1 45 24 81 18) or Lito Bunag (mobile +63 9175380310, office +6328137320 or email@example.com)
-The Conference page