Lima, Peru - 7-8 July 2014 | Página en español
This event promoted a peer dialogue on investment in Latin American infrastructure, both between governments and between governments and investors to address the following questions:
- What are the needs and the opportunities?
- What can governments do to maximise the economic and development benefits generated by infrastructure?
- Which strategies are more useful to facilitate investment?
The meeting revolved around six interactive panels:
- Investment in infrastructure: the development nexus
- Investment in energy: regional approaches and experiences
- Investment in transport: corporate strategies and regulatory challenges
- Investment in infrastructure: what role for long-term investors?
- Investment facilitation: Pacific Alliance perspectives
- What’s next?
This conference brought together policymakers, international experts and other interested stakeholders, from business, think tanks, academia and civil society along with leading international organisations.
Co-organised with the Government of Peru and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and supported by the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), this conference was the fourth meeting of the Latin America and Caribbean-OECD Investment Initiative.
Conference on international global value chains,
31 October - 1 November 2012, San José, Costa Rica
Conference on investing in infrastructure for jobs and development,
6-8 July 2011, Bogotá, Colombia
Conference on investment for jobs and development,
27-28 September 2010, Santiago, Chile
View meeting photos on Flickr
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOCUMENTS AND LINKS
LAC-OECD Investment Initiative
OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Policy Framework for Investment
OECD Principles for Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure
Private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector