About the Network
The Latin American Network on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) helps to enhance the governance of SOEs in the region through an ongoing exchange of experience and knowledge on SOE governance policies, practices and reforms using the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises as the main conceptual framework for discussion.
It is jointly organised by the OECD and the CAF Latin American Development Bank, and it includes the participation of senior policy makers and SOE executives from, among other countries, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay.
Network priorities include:
- Raising awareness of all concerned constituencies on the importance and challenges related to the good corporate governance of SOEs;
- Evaluating the current SOE corporate governance policy frameworks and practices, and benchmark these against international best practice as described in the Guidelines;
- Influencing policymaking by providing a forum in which policy makers, practitioners and experts can share knowledge and experience among peers;
- Supporting viable and effective reforms, by discussing and analysing policy options, developing relevant recommendations and agreeing on priorities for reforms;
- Promoting implementation of the OECD Guidelines on Anti-Corruption and Integrity for State-Owned Enterprises
The Network is an integral part of wider activities to support better corporate governance, including feeding into the work of the Latin American Roundtable on Corporate Governance, which has been supporting corporate governance improvements in the region since 2000.
Survey on Integrity and Anti-corruption in SOEs in Latin American and OECD countries (2017)
Board Practices and Financing for Latin American State-Owned Enterprises (2015) English | Spanish
Transparency and Accountability Frameworks for Latin American SOEs (2014)
6th meeting, 27-28 June 2019, Lima, Peru: Agenda | Highlights & Conclusions
5th meeting, 30 Nov-1 Dec 2017, Bogota, Colombia: Agenda | Summary Record
4th meeting, 2-3 June 2015, Santiago, Chile
3rd meeting, 11-12 March 2014, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2nd meeting, 11-12 October 2012, Lima, Peru
1st meeting, 8-9 September 2011, Bogota, Colombia
Join the Latin American Corporate Governance LinkedIn Group to follow news about OECD's work on Corporate Governance in Latin America.