Download the Factbook (pdf)
This report shares up-to-date information about corporate governance practices in OECD countries and a selection of additional jurisdictions. It provides a useful resource for national governments looking to compare their own framework with that of other countries or seeking information about practices in specific jurisdictions.
Published for the first time in February 2014, the report will be updated at regular intervals as new information is received. The Factbook compiles information gathered from the responses to questionnaires issued during the preparation of thematic peer reviews and provides background information to the 2014 review of the OECD Principles of Corporate Governance.
Countries covered: All OECD countries as well as Argentina; Brazil; Hong Kong, China; India; Indonesia; Lithuania; Saudi Arabia; and, Singapore.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Corporate Landscape
• The ownership structure of listed companies
The Corporate Governance Framework
• The regulatory framework of corporate governance
• The main public regulators of corporate governance
• Stock Exchanges by legal origin
The Corporate Board of Directors
• Basic board structure and board independence
• Board-level committees
• Governance of board and key executive remuneration
The Rights of Shareholders and Key Ownership Functions
• Notification of general meetings and information provided to shareholders
• Shareholder’s rights to request a meeting and to place items on the agenda
• Shareholder voting
• Related party transactions
• Takeover bid rules