Application deadline: 15th June 2019
Type of contract: Internship
Languages required: English
Internship start date: 15th July or 1st September 2019
Duration of initial contract: at least 3 months
Location: OECD Headquarters in Paris (France) or OECD Venice Office (Italy)
Contribution to living expenses: 702 €/month (France) or 690 €/month (Italy)
To apply: application form
The OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities
The OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities helps local and national governments unleash the potential of entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises, promote inclusive and sustainable regions and cities, boosts local job creation and implements sound tourism policies.
Focus area: Culture, Creative Industries and Local Development
The CFE work on Culture, Creative Industries and Local Development aims to provide evidence and guidance to cities and regions on ways to maximize the economic and social value of cultural heritage and support the emergence of the creative economy. We are a small team located in Paris, France and in Venice, Italy so interns have the opportunity to be actively involved in a wide-range of activities.
The selected candidate will:
- Contribute to the policy research activities on culture, creative industries and local development, with a focus on:
- Increasing employment by addressing the skills needs of CCIs.
- Adapting business support ecosystems to the needs of CCIs.
- Cultural participation and culture driven urban regeneration.
- Public and private investment in culture and creative industries.
- The intern will be tasked with:
- Undertaking literature reviews, drafting background and discussion documents, and policy notes, editing papers provided by external authors.
- Supporting a team tasked with identifying relevant data sources, the collection of data and the creation of novel indicators to capture and analyse regional differences in CCI performance.
- Supporting the organisation of the events including related substantive, organisational and logistical tasks.
- The ideal candidate is a Ph.D. student with expertise in the field. Quantitative background would be considered as an advantage. Experience in working with enterprise micro data, labour force surveys, patent datasets, big (e.g. web-scrapped) data, migration flows data and input-output tables would be an asset.
We are looking for
- Bright, talented people, who have experience (through study, work, etc.) in the areas in which we work.
- People who can commit to spending at least three months at the OECD offices in Paris or Venice.
- Only people who are students (preferably Ph.D. and postgraduate) throughout the entire period of the internship can be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates with solid quantitative background (econometrics or data science), analytical skills and knowledge of economics, cultural economics, economic geography or other related fields.
Language and additional information
The language used for this internship is English. For the position at the OECD Venice Office knowledge of Italian will be considered as an advantage.
Interns at the OECD do not receive a salary. However, the OECD grants a contribution to living expenses of 690 euros in Venice (702 euros in Paris) per full month worked. The successful applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel and stay in Paris or Venice.
Please note that only in exceptional circumstances can applicants from non-OECD member countries (outside of our target countries in Central, East and South-East Europe) be considered.
To apply, please fill in this online application form (it is also required to upload your CV in DOC, DOCX or PDF format).
The deadline for receipt of applications is Saturday, 15th June 2019 at 23.59 CET (Paris time).
It is anticipated that interns selected will commence in mid-July or 1st September 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Elisa.Campestrin@oecd.org.