CFE Insight is a newsletter published by the OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs and Local Development (CFE).
Topics covered relate to entrepreneurship, SMEs, local employment and local economic development, and tourism. There are also listings of forthcoming events and a selection of key CFE publications.
Click on a volume below to download a copy (pdf):
CFE INSIGHT vol.8 (November 2009)
CFE INSIGHT vol.7 (November 2009)
- How do universities in Eastern Germany teach entrepreneurship and how can they improve?
Interview with Jonathan Potter, OECD Senior Economist and Andrea-Rosalinde Hofer, OECD Policy Analyst
- Promoting business in Germany with the LEED Programme
Interview with Wolfgang Tiefensee, German Federal Government Minister for Transport, Building and Urban Affairs and Commissioner for Eastern Germany, Germany
- Making innovative entrepreneurs
Interview with Philip Phan, Professor and Vice Dean for Faculty and Research, the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, USA
- Filling in the gaps in entrepreneurship teaching
Interview with FGünter Faltin, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Freie University, Berlin
- Changing the entrepreneurial mindset through a four pillar approach
Interview with Professor Grünwald, Recor, University of Wismar
- Helping students to become more entrepreneurial in Poland
Interview with Prof. Krzystof Zieba, Gdansk University of Technology
- Mentoring Entrepreneurs at the Entrepreneurship Centre in Berlin
Interview with Agnes Von Matuschka, Head of the Entrepreneurship Centre, Gründungsservice, at the Technical University of Berlin
- SMEs, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
By Pier Carlo Padoan, OECD Deputy Secretary General in charge of the OECD Innovation Strategy
CFE INSIGHT vol.6 (June 2009)
- Making the most of the crisis
Interview with Will Hutton, Chief Executive, The Work Foundation
- How is the crisis affecting the smaller community banks?
Interview with David Oser, Senior Vice-President for Investment, Shorebank of Chicago
- Emerging successfully from the crisis: how to learn from each other
Interview with Jordi William Carrnes, Deputy Mayor of Barcelona
- The role of local government in helping to achieve global recovery
Interview with Greg Clark, Advisor at the UK Department of Communities and Local
Government and Chair of the OECD LEED Forum on Development Agencies and Investment Strategies
CFE INSIGHT vol.5 (December 2008)
- The EU push on new skills for new jobs is now even more relevant
Interview with Robert Strauss, Head of Employment Strategy, CSR and Local Development, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, European Commission, Chair of the OECD LEED Forum on Partnerships and Local Governance
- Why sustainable inclusion requires better skills for all
Interview with Monsignor David Cappo, Vice-Chair, Social Inclusion Board, Australia
- What the Obama administration is trying to do to foster good quality jobs
Interview with Randall W. Eberts, President, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, United States
- Building strong partnerships with the private sector for better jobs and inclusion
Interview with Marita Aho, Senior Adviser, Confederation of Finnish Industries
- Creating more and better jobs through strong partnerships with employers
Comment by Francesca Froy, OECD Policy Analyst
- OECD LEED Forum on Partnerships and Local Governance – the world-wide network of practitioners
- Employment services and the crisis: more flexibility and strategic power to achieve better results
Interview with Sally Sinclair, CEO, National Employment Service Association, Australia
- The skills agenda in the 21st century and how the OECD LEED Programme can help to make faster progress
Interview with Deian Hopkin, Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive, London South Bank University, Chair of the UK Skills Task Force Group, UK
- The OECD and the Kauffman Foundation: a strategic alliance
Interview with Bob Litan,Vice President of the Kauffman Foundation
- Measuring the well being of nations
Interview with Enrico Giovannini, Director of the OECD Statistics Directorate
- Finding the right framework for gathering information at the local level
Interview with Jonathan Potter, Senior Economist and Ekaterina Travkina, Policy Analyst, OECD
- Entrepreneurship: A way out of the crisis?
Comment by Sergio Arzeni, Director, OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs & Local Development
- Entrepreneurship and the OECD LEED Programme
Interview with François Hurel, Chair of the OECD LEED Forum on Entrepreneurship
CFE INSIGHT vol.4 (july 08)
- Social innovation and the OECD.
Andy Westwood, Special Advisor to the UK Secretary of State for Innovation
- Social innovation: contributing to more effective governance.
Margie Mendell, Concordia University, Canada
- Social innovation: a key economic factor.
Antonella Noya, Senior Policy Analyst, OECD
CFE INSIGHT vol.3 (June 2008)
CFE INSIGHT vol.2 (November 2007)
- SMEs in the forefront of globalisation.
- Tourism in OECD countries: new trends and policies.
- Entrepreneurship in universities: a crucial challenge.
- “More than jobs, new skills.”
- Venice: a further step towards making labour market policies more effective.
CFE INSIGHT vol.1 (November 2006)
Better financing for more entrepreneurship and greater SME growth.
Entrepreneurship - a key source of innovation in tourism.
Reconciling economic and social goals.
Hunter Valley: new prospects for social innovation.
Spotlight on two concrete examples:
To obtain printed printed copies, please contact the CFE Communications Co-ordinator.