This short thematic paper summarises the key findings of the study visit. It gives an overview of some of the latest youth-related policies and initiatives in the province to keep youth joblessness low, to better meet employers’ skill demands, and to work with disadvantaged young people to make sure they do not fall through the cracks between education and work. The thematic paper is designed to be useful to local practitioners and policy makers working in the area of youth employment, education and training who can learn from the good practice initiatives outlined and perhaps adapt elements to work in their own regions.
- Upper Austria: Local economy
- Youth unemployment: the ongoing challenge
- Regional policy context: partnered approach and masterplan for youth qualifications
- The apprenticeship system
- Alternative apprenticeship models and activation measures for young people
If you need more information, you can address your inquiries to Katia Travkina, from the OECD secretariat