During his mission to Mexico, Angel Gurría will deliver a keynote speech at the colloquium “Tijuana Innovadora: Tecnología y Cultura” on the economic perspectives of Mexico and policies to transform Tijuana and the Mexican border region into a global innovation platform. Back in Mexico city, the OECD's Secretary-General will kick off the celebrations of the OECD 50th Anniversary and will discuss a range of key policies issues with:
- Mr. Felipe Calderón, President of Mexico
- Mr. Bruno Ferrari García de Alba, Minister of Economy
- Mr. Salvador Vega Casillas, Minister of Public Function
- Mr. Alonso Lujambio, Minister of Education
- Mr. Ruiz Mateos, Chief of Staff of the President
Angel Gurría will also present the final recommendations of the OECD-Mexico agreement to improve the quality of education of schools in Mexico (speech in Spanish). Finally, he will deliver a speech at the Mexico encounter “Building Futures”, co-hosted by the OECD, the National University (UNAM), the Association of Universities (ANUIES), Espacio de Vinculación A.C. (EVAC) and the World Future Society (speech in Spanish).
For further information, journalists are invited to contact the OECD Media's Division: tel: (33) 1 45 24 97 00