During his participation at the G20 Leaders' Summit, the Secretary-General met with many Leaders and took part in the following events:
The Secretary-General took part in all of the panels including:
- Global Economy and Framework for Strong, Sustainable and Balanced Growth
- Finance Ministers’ Working Dinner on the World Economy
- Strengthening International Financial Architecture and the Financial System, and Promoting Financial Inclusion
- Development: Green Growth, Infrastructure, and Food Security
- Leaders’ Working Lunch on Trade, Job Creation and Growth
The Secretary-General joined Mexican President Felipe Calderón, Robert Zoellick, President of the World Bank and Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund for a panel discussion on "The World Economy Outlook."
The Secretary-General took part in a dialogue with Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the World Trade Organization and other trade union representatives.
- Improving the Assessment of Disaster Risks to Strengthen Financial Resilience
The Secretary-General joined José Antonio Meade Kuribreña, Mexican Minister of Finance and Public Credit, Juan Carlos Echeverry, Colombian Minister of Finance and Public Credit, Robert Zoellick, President of the World Bank and Naoko Oshii, CEO and Chairperson of the Global Environment Facility at a presentation on "Improving the Assessment of Disaster Risks to Strengthen Financial Resilience," a publication that gathers experiences from fifteen G20 members and non-members on the administration and reduction of risks via market mechanisms.
- Launch of “Innovative Financial Products and Services Challenge”
The Secretary-General participated with Mexican President Felipe Calderón, Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, and members from both G20 and non-G20 countries for this event on Financial Inclusion.