During his official visit to the People's Republic of China, the Secretary-General met with government representatives including:
- Yang Jiechi, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Chen Deming, Minister of Commerce
- Xie Xuren, Minister of Finance
- Wan Gang, Minister of Science and Technology
- Dr. Chen Zhu, Minister of Health
- Li Wei, President, Development Research Centre of the State Council
- Minister Liu He, Vice Chairman, Office of the Leading Group for Financial and Economic Affairs
- Qu Xing, President, China Institute of International Studies (CIIS)
The Secretary-General participated in the 2012 China Development Forum, where he spoke at two sessions: on "How China can continue to grow by rebalancing its economy", in the Economic Summit, and on "Promoting technological innovation for new sources of growth", during the main Forum.
In the context of the China Development Forum, Mr. Gurría met Premier Wen Jiabao and Vice Premier Li Keqiang.
Mr. Gurría also delivered speeches at the China Institute of International Studies: "A Better Global Governance: What is at Stake? The OECD Perspective", and at the Chinese Academy of Governance on inequality issues.
For further information, journalists are invited to contact the OECD Media's Division: tel: (33) 1 45 24 97 00
Active with China in English
China in Focus: Lessons and Challenges